Translate

Sunday 21 April 2013

Maia's Artwork



My artwork has more importance to me than meets the eye. It includes words like dream and drama. Words that can describe me well. The patterns aren't just scribbles. They are cultural patterns that have different meanings. I used the Korus to represent me and my younger sister Piper. I'm the larger Koru and she is in front of me. I am helping her because I am her tuakana. At the bottom the rope of Korus wrapping around the block of light purple represents families sticking together. It also represents a chain and my favourite saying, the chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Some other words I use are Q&A ( questions and answers ) because in life there are many question waiting to be wondered. I also used season because I love all of the seasons equally because they all have a unique beauty. My artwork is full of hidden secrets and depths of thinking that only the artist can uncover. How do you feel when you look at my artwork?
Maia

1 comment:

  1. Your artwork has a sense of calmness about it Maia with the way you have kept your colour pallet simple. I think this also reflects your personality too. Your explanation is thorough and brings great significance to what you have portrayed through your visual art. Mrs H

    ReplyDelete