Translate

Saturday 9 February 2013

Chemistry Fabtastico

 "H20 - 2 hydrogens and 1 Oxygen = a substance of water, C02 - 1 carbon and 2 oxygens = Carbon Dioxide - type of air" I muttered under my breath as I listened to Mrs Hopkins as she wrote confusing scribbly signs on the whiteboard.

Now Mrs Hopkins says "Okay, everybody got that".  Everybody nods their heads.  "Good, please get into a big porowhita". The class scuttles like frightened crabs into a circle.

Mrs Hopkins passes round hand sanitiser to "kill the germs because we will be handling food" and then she passes round plates.  Then we go to our desks and wait.  Next she gathers a group of helpers to pass round the lollies to make our H20.


Me and Emalee sit together to help each other.  I choose two pink marshmallows for my Hydrogens.
For my Oxygen I choose one peach sour lolly.  First I put a pink marshmallow on either side of a toothpick.  Next I stick one toothpick in one of the marshmallows and then I do the same to the other marshmallow with another toothpick to form a triangle shape.  Now I stick my peach sour on top of the two toothpicks.  WAHOOO!!!!!! I have One H20!!


Now I am going to make one C02.  I collect 2 Berries and Cream lollies for my Oxygens and a white marshmallow for my Carbon.  Firstly I Stick my 2 Berries and Cream lollies on the sharp sides of a tooth- pick.  Then I stick a toothpick in each Berries and Cream lolly.  On the top goes the white marshmallow.  NOW I HAVE MADE MY CARBON DIOXIDE!!!!!!!


I get them glad-wrapped and then put them in my bag to eat later.
I sit on the mat and the class listens to a man on youtube singing the whole Peroidic Table.
WOW!!!!!!


by Sophie

1 comment:

  1. Hey this sure sounds like science made fun...and yum!!! I'm sure we never learned science this way when I was 10!
    I like your writing too Room 3, keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete