Translate

Monday 5 August 2013

Swimsafe

Day one:
Sliding into the pool. 'Warming' up. Swimming lap after lap. Clambering out. Jumping nervously into the diving pool with my noodle.

Day two:
Hopping in. Splashing around. Tasks to swim. Into the diving pool again.(Without my noodle). Having fun.

Day three:
Jumping into the pool. Tiring laps. Leaping into the diving pool. Jumping in again and again. One word to describe it? Awesome!

Day four:
Sitting on the cold, hard seat. Glancing nervously at the diving board that was looming dangerously over the deep diving pool. Climbing reluctantly up the stairs. Every step taking me closer to the terrifying aqua-coloured board. Arriving at the top. Walking gingerly to the edge. Don't look down, don't look down. Too late. Closed my eyes then jumped off. Freefalling. Shouldn't I be in the water now?SPLASH!! Sinking down, down into the water. Gasping for air. Thrashing wildly. Big grin plastered on my face.

Day five:
Leaping off the side into the diving pool. Popping up just in time to see Blake climbing up the stairs, drawing nearer to the board. Clambering out to turn around and see Blake leaping off the board.
I holler over to my friends but they don't seem to hear me. Then they come over. I wave to them then jump in.  As I resurfaced, Blake nearly landed on top of me. To end it all, the whole class did a mexican wave into the pool.

By: Joy

1 comment:

  1. This is very exciting writing Joy. I especially like the way it is short, to the point, almost list like. It gives the reader impression that these are the thoughts as they are spilling out of your mind at the time!

    Mrs H

    ReplyDelete