Translate

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Fire in the Sky (the eruption) re-witten by Izzy

 Will and I were in the hotel getting ready to have supper. I was dressing up all posh because we were hving dinner with guide Sophia tonight. Suddenly we heared a knock on the door, it was Papa ”A couple more minutes ta supper time!”, he called out. Will and I did the finishing touches and walked down the corridor to where supper was being served. Papa and guide Sophia were waiting for us.I hesitated. I wanted to be as polite as possible in front of guide Sophia but I didnt know where to sit.

 Eventually Will stepped foward and led the way to our seats. He pulled out a seat for me and then got one for himself. Once he sat down he picked up his knife and fork and started eating. He had used all the right table manners that Mama had taught me, like posture, holding the knife and fork in the proper hands and all that stuff that I hardly do . When he was done he and guide Sophia started talking. Just quietly I felt a bit jealous when he and guide Sophia talk together . I felt quite left out. He always acts so weird around guide Sophia and I dont know why. Anyhow,  in the middle of their conversation there was a deep rumbling sound. Will told me not to worry about it and then Will continued his conversation with guide Sophia.

After everybody had finished dinner ,Will and I walked quietly back up to my room and hopped into bed. All night I thought about the fantom canoe that I saw nine days ago. I frollicked around trying to get the thought out of my head and eventually I fell asleep. That night I had night mares I dreamed that the people of whatever they where came into my room and murdered Will, and that I was the last one alive out of all of the world. It was HORRIBLE and  in my dream when I was sleeping something jumped out of my wardrobe it sent a shiver down my spine. Just then when the strange figure was moving towards me I was woken up by Will.  “Are you ok”, Will asked. “Y-yes, fine I answered” but I had a horrible dream.  “What happened?”.  “Oh nothing”.  “Your face looked terrified and you were thrashing around”. 

Just as will was taking me to the kitchen there was a rumbling sound. I ran outside and looked at Mount Tarawera. Mud and rocks and magma flew out furoiusly. I  screamed and hurried back to Papas dorm.  Papas dorm was destroyed.  I searched everywhere but I could not find Papa.  Suddenly  arms grabbed me.  They were firemen.  I cried for the rest of the night and all around I could hear cries of despair.  I sat down in a corner until Will came to me. He handed me the bible  that he always kept in his pocket. He read out a verse from the bible. We read all day sitting down in a corner. Suddeny I grew strong that there was hope that Papa was still alive.  Just then we were joined by another two people. One was a fireman and one was Papa. “Papa, Papa”, I screamed. I reached up and hugged him. Tears flew down my face. “I’m so glad you are safe. It’s time to be heading back and getting some more sleep”. That night I slept well. The next morning it was time to say goodbye to Will and everybody else. I cried and hugged them until it was time to go. Off we went. Will and I still write to each other about our adventures.
The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment