Translate

Thursday 28 March 2013

Mount Tarawera 

A powerful jolt shook the ground. Mud hit water causing violent explosions. Frightened people staggered through the pitch black darkness. I screamed as another explosion took place. The wind howled. What should I do now? Other children around me started crying as lava spurted into the air. I was petrified. I tried to run to my parents, but I wasn't strong enough. Now I was alone. My heart pounded as I stumbled through the sticky ash. The ground jerked yet again, and smoke rose into the air. The sky lit up as molten lava squirted out of the volcano. A ball of fire landed beside me. I hurridly jumped away as everything around it burst into flame. I heard a shout. It echoed and then faded into the blackness. Was it my parents? Then suddenly, they appeared out of the   smoke, coughing and spluttering. I heaved a sigh of relief. it was them - My parents. 

By ?

No comments:

Post a Comment